About the Role
The SQL – ETL Developer is responsible for designing, developing and testing database and data warehouse integration solutions. Candidate must have expert knowledge of SQL Server, T-SQL, and stored procedure development combined with general knowledge of, data modeling and data warehousing techniques. Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and will work collaboratively with members of the technology, business and vendor solution teams to design and develop integrated solutions to fulfill the data analytic needs of the business.
Normal courtesy in dealing with others is required. Work involves minimal contacts, usually within the organization. Contact usually involving routine, non-sensitive issues within the department.
This is a Corporate position which may be located at an available bank division location across our seven state footprint in AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WA, or WY. To learn more about our bank divisions, please visit: https://www.gbcijobs.com/pages/about-us
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- (SQL, ETL Development and Testing) Design, develop and test software-driven routines to implement ETL (extract, transform and load) procedures to consolidate and validate business data gathered from disparate systems throughout the organization. Utilize data warehousing automation tools such as TimeXtender or, WhereScape.
- (Data Requirements, Modeling and Design) Work collaboratively with members of the business, technical and vendor solution teams to understand, model and integrate the data analytics needs of the business. Advise the organization on industry best practices and evolving technology solutions in the area of data analytics, data warehousing and data modeling.
- (Reporting / Advanced Data Analytics Support) Responsible for providing technical support to reporting and data analysis teams through out the organization.
- (SQL Server Administration Backup) Provide backup support to the primary SQL Server Database Administrator(s), helping to ensure reliable and performant SQL Server environments to support various business and technical applications through the organization.
- (Automate, Monitor and Maintain Routine Data Load Procedures) Automate recurring data load tasks; Monitor and maintain automation tasks to ensure consistent, reliable, up-to-date data warehouse environment.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by the due date.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the fields of SQL, TSQL, ETL, data modeling and/or data warehousing required.
- Experience working with ETL tools such as TimeXtender, WhereScape or similar technologies preferred.
- Experience with software development, testing, release management and ITIL practices preferred.
- Experience with Data Analytics and Business Intelligence tools such as QLik, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc. preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Database Management or similar field, or, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the organization and work independently.
Strong customer focus with skills to determine business requirements and uncover unmet internal / external customer needs.
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to make judgments based on information provided.
Ability to work and complete tasks with minimal direct supervision.
Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators.
Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary.
Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management.
Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Must be able to work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $11 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 7 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.