About the Role
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS
- Maintains positive on-going relationships with existing customer base.
- Project an image of professionalism and genuine concern in dealing with the public.
- Inspires trust and confidence in clients through problem solving, listening carefully to client needs and by proactively recommending products and/or services.
- Actively use the SERVICE Pledge for all service encounters: Smile, Eye contact, Refer to customers by name, Viable options – Never say no, Instant acknowledgement, Customers always come first, End with “Thank You”.
- Practices WSB Mission/Vision including but not excluding:
- Be There – For both your customers and coworkers.
- Choose Your Attitude – Choose to make Western Security Bank a positive place to work.
- Make Their Day – Find someone who needs a helping hand, a work of support or a good ear and make their day.
- Play – Take your work seriously, but not yourself.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Responsible for knowing WSB products and being able to articulate the advantages to the customer
- Responsible for selling products and services to customers. Customers are given very high quality service so they will perceive Western Security Bank as an excellent place to do business.
- Responsible for optimum availability to the customer during the work week.
- Ability to handle initial requests for services competently and courteously.
- Ability to call the customer by name and engage the customer in conversation.
- Ability to establish rapport and show concern.
- Fulfill the mission statement: “I will exceed the expected.”
- CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for listening to the customer’s needs and making a decision that will meet the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for making recommendations that will meet the customer’s needs by discussing the recommendation and providing a simple description of the solution that shows the benefits.
- Identify and develop profitable relationships with potential new customers by participating in civic, industry and community activities.
- Maintains an aggressive customer call schedule.
- Explores business development opportunities with designated businesses.
- Must demonstrate effective execution against professional sales skills including planning, execution and follow-up.
- REAL ESTATE LENDING
- Actively solicits loans from realtors, builders, and major employers, etc. and gives high quality service to establish on-going business relationships.
- Generates and fully completes the mortgage loan applications. Works with a loan process/closer/underwriter to complete all documentation required for loan approval as quickly as possible. Makes sure details on loan documentation are complete and correct prior to closing to insure accuracy and are in compliance with state and federal regulations, bank policy and compliance regulations.
- Oversees the entire loan process from application through loan closing, making certain all requirements for loan have been met. MLO’s do not have the authority to approve a loan that will be booked to the employer for longer than 30 days including construction loans. All loans that will be booked and retained on the employer’s loan balances longer than thirty (30) days must be pre-approved by the President or designee.
- Completes the “Loan Estimates” and all required disclosures within the time periods described by bank policy and federal regulation.
- All provisions of the Employee Manual and the current signed job description will be applicable to the MLO. If the MLO does not meet his/her annual production goal as established by management (January – December) or does not meet his-her monthly goals for six (6) consecutive months, he/she may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Analyze loan requests for residential real estate loans.
- Knowledge and ability to originate FHA, VA and conventional loans.
- Order and review title reports, legal documents and appraisals.
- Approve loan fund disbursements
- The MLO is fully responsible for collecting all appraisal fees. If any uncollected fees are outstanding ninety days after the appraisal report is received, the employer may pursue disciplinary action.
- MLO will not solicit loans for refinance which are serviced by the employer, or request/suggest to borrower that they be contacted for refinance should rates fall. The solicitation for refinance does not include a borrower asking the loan originator to contact them with market changes, but simply means the Loan Officer initiating a solicitation, unless requested by management.
- Demonstrates knowledge on current loan programs, and lending (federal and state) regulations as well as all compliance and bank policies and procedures.
- Completes all training recommended for position success.
- MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES
- Directs work flow of assigned assistant.
- Serves as a resource to Branch Managers on personnel issues and performance reviews of assigned assistant. Is responsible for bringing performance issues to the attention of the Branch Manager in a timely manner.
- Functions as a knowledgeable and professional representative of WSB internally and in the community.
- Required to be a highly visible, positive representative of WSB internally and in the community.
- Works effectively with both the Real Estate Processing department and participates as a team member of the assigned Branch.
- Actively participates in WSB continuing education
- Performs duties while complying with Federal and State Laws and GBCI/WSB policies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects as assigned.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: Only minimum duties are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be a highly motivated self-starter with intense focus on results and winning.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Skilled in meeting and greeting the public.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to motivate co-workers and direct workflow.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Ability to be work effectively in a team setting, serving as a resource and a positive role model for effective problem resolution.
- Knowledge of online services and the Internet.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: <add from checklist>
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to: <insert additional physical activities detail.>
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: <insert physical requirements detail.>
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $11 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 7 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.