About the Role
Come grow your career with us! The Teller will greet customers with a smile, assess and fill their needs in a professional manner. Process all customer deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, and sell cashier checks and follow established procedures. The Teller demonstrates a high degree of accountability while delivering superb customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all internal and external customers, exhibiting professional phone and customer relations skills; maintaining a high level of information security while supporting the goals and mission of the bank.
- Accurately handle all aspects of Teller duties to include but not limited to DDA and savings account transactions, cash handling/balancing, sale of gift and travel cards, redemption of savings bonds and processing loan payments. Travel to other branch locations as needed to assist in the teller area.
- Promote the bank’s services and cross-sell bank products.
- Actively participate in the High Performance Growth (HPG) program including Branch HPG displays, Big Days, and Tell a Friend program.
- Follow established BSA and OFAC policies and procedures as required.
- Be familiar with and periodically review the bank’s robbery recovery and security procedures.
- Perform duties as related to the imaging system and processing of work as required.
- Perform opening and closing duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
· Exhibits professional customer service skills through active partnership and friendly attitude; good communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to understand customer need, repeat back to customer’s what they have heard and present solutions
· Ability to address customer concerns in a positive and proactive manner
· Must be detail oriented. Able to perform repetitive work with consistency and accuracy. Able to find and correct errors
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to complete job responsibilities with a minimum of supervision and to exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment consistent with the position, ability to exercise sound judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information
· Ability to follow bank and department policies as they relate to the teller and operations department, ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagrammatic, or schedule form
· Must have the ability to operate a calculator and computer/PC, and must possess average typing speed and accuracy.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Light work. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $11 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 7 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR