About the Role
Assists the Chief Credit Officer and Commercial Lenders in areas that promote the retention and acquisition of customers. Position is independent of the loan production job functions as defined by WSB/GBCI policy. Exhibits overall knowledge of the appraisal process. Orders all commercial/Ag appraisals and evaluations for the Bank. Coordinates and administers the commercial/Ag approved appraiser lists and the selection process. Completes property evaluations as qualified. Must be team oriented and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public and other employees. Will be responsible for internal customer interaction that supports the development, acquisition and/or retention of customers. Self-starter with ability to adapt to change, work under pressure and attention to detail. Position that requires great customer service skills, positive attitude and expressed enthusiasm. Possesses the ability to develop business relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. CUSTOMER RELATIONS
- Maintain positive on-going relationships with existing customer base.
- Project an image of professionalism and genuine concern in dealing with the public.
- Inspires trust and confidence in clients through problem solving, listening carefully to client needs and by proactively recommending products and/or services.
- Actively use the SERVICE Pledge for all service encounters
- Practice WSB Core Values.
- Responsible for knowing WSB products and being able to articulate the advantages to the customer.
- Responsible for explaining the features and benefits of products and services to customers.
- Ability to handle initial requests for services competently and courteously.
- Ability to establish rapport and show concern.
- Fulfill the mission statement: “I will exceed the expected.”
- Responsible for listening to the internal and external customer’s needs and making a decision that will meet the needs of the situation.
- Responsible for making recommendations that will meet the customer’s needs by discussing the recommendation and providing a simple description of the solution that shows the benefits.
- Assists in exploring business development opportunities with designated businesses.
- Functions as a knowledgeable and professional representative of WSB internally and in the community.
D. APPRAISAL DUTIES
- Establish selection criteria and procedures to evaluate and monitor the ongoing performance of appraisers and persons who perform evaluations. Will follow an administration selection process based on each appraiser’s expertise and experience of an assignment. Will work with an identified team of commercial and real estate professionals to complete an annual review of all existing and approved appraisers. The review will be submitted to the WSB Board of Directors.
- Ensure that appraisals comply with the Agencies’ appraisal regulations and are consistent with supervisory guidance.
- Ensure that appraisals and evaluations contain sufficient information to support the credit decision. Uses a checklist to document underwriting and compliance within the policy.
- Maintains criteria for the content and appropriate use of evaluations consistent with safe and sound banking practices.
- Provides for the receipt and review of the appraisal or evaluation report in a timely manner to facilitate the credit decision.
- Requires periodic field inspections to validate subject property, construction, etc.
- Completes evaluations as appropriate with training and available comparables.
E. MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES
- Actively participates in WSB continuing education
- Performs duties while complying with Federal and State Laws and GBCI/WSB policies.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Responsible for fulfilling the mission statement: “I will exceed the expected.”
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Finance or Accounting from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Six months experience in a financial sales and/or banking role where task and relationship success has been demonstrated.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- A high degree of maturity and professionalism.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing a successful appraisal system.
- A high degree of reliability and dependability used to follow-through and meet commitments and agreements in a timely manner.
- Exhibits excellent responsiveness and follow-up in assuming responsibility for and delivering on commitments.
- Demonstrated high level of quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be a highly motivated self-starter with intense focus on results and winning.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Skilled in meeting and greeting the public.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Knowledge of online services and the Internet.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: <add from checklist>
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to: <insert additional physical activities detail.>
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: <insert physical requirements detail.>
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.