About the Role
Country Bank has a new name! Join us with Foothills Bank, a division of Glacier Bancorp in this exciting New Accounts Representative position. If you have banking experience and understand the importance of providing excellent customer service, we're interested in talking with you.
Summary of the position
As a primary contact for bank customers, New Account Representatives are responsible for developing and retaining customer relationships through providing a consistent level of exceptional service. Proactively work to develop and maintain long-standing customer relationships. Greet, listen, engage, and actively profile to ascertain your customer’s needs and present sound and mutually beneficial financial solutions. Maintain high quality performance and professional standards and actively request support and training as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NEW ACCOUNT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with wide variety of customer services including opening and maintaining consumer and business deposit and savings accounts, safe deposit boxes, and e-banking products in an efficient manner. Prepare associated documentation and scan for record retention purposes.
- Assist customers with opening CDs/IRAs and educate customers as to penalties, earnings, etc.
- Use every customer contact as an opportunity to advise customer about additional services or programs that might benefit them.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Primarily responsible for developing and retaining customer relationships.
- Play an integral role in bank growth by meeting customer’s needs while maintaining profitability and proactively finding opportunities to enhance customer relationships.
- Responsible for identifying customer needs through active listening and profiling and fulfilling their needs with appropriate products and services.
- Act promptly on customer requests, following through on commitments and obligations. Ask follow-up questions to determine if customer needs and expectations have been addressed. Process ATM and debit card disputes, escalate as necessary.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of bank and loan products and services to effectively present the appropriate solutions to the customer.
- As a representative of the bank, responsible for conducting yourself at all times in a positive and professional manner while maintaining a professional appearance and treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Answer incoming calls, answer inquiries, direct calls, takes messages and returns call.
- Take responsibility for remaining compliant with all applicable banking laws and regulations as well as following company policies and procedures, management directives, security and operational procedures.
- Accountable for maintaining accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
- Responsible for keeping all information related to customers, co-workers and the bank private and confidential. Assure that any private information is accessed only as it pertains to the performance of your position, being aware of others who can hear your conversations or view private information.
- Proactively protect the bank and its customers from counterfeit and fraudulent activity by staying current on fraud warnings and initiating discussion with customers regarding specific transactions to prevent potential loss to customers and the bank.
- Complete all required annual compliance training and continuing education to stay current with bank policy, regulations and licensing requirements.
- Responsible to stay aware of and adhere to the banks security policy. Notify management of any situation that may cause a security risk.
- Assist with teller transactions, including but not limited to: receive deposits, accept checks for cashing, accept loan payments, accept wire transfer requests, fill business change orders, issue cashier’s checks, cash Series EE Bonds, sell travel cards, process credit card advance requests, process telephone transfers, process and record night deposit transactions, process check orders, issue debit cards. Possess a basic knowledge of bank products to include deposit products such as checking, savings, money market, CDs, and e-banking. Promote High Performance Checking Tell-A-Friend Program. Maintain balancing record by correctly balancing cash daily, locates overages or shortages, sells excess cash to vault and maintains established cash levels in drawer. Sorts, counts, and wraps money to be transferred to the vault. Assist customers with safe deposit entries.
- Identify opportunities to offer additional consumer loan products/services to new/existing customers and refer to a Loan Application Specialist.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Participate in Community Service and bank sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of the bank. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service: must demonstrate self-governance, courtesy and respect toward external customers as well as all organization personnel.
- Complete required bank and BVS training courses within assigned time frame(s).
- Represent the bank in a professional manner which includes a professional image, confidentiality, a positive “consider it done” attitude, good attendance, punctuality, flexibility and adaptability in meeting bank and customer needs. Keep work area tidy and maintain customer privacy. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- May be required to work the teller line or work at other local branches to cover staff shortages or help meet increased customer demand.
Additional duties as requested or assigned.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to five years bank experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- A high level of customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively throughout the bank and to represent the bank positively to current and potential customers.
- Ability to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, such as copier and fax machine.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: The employee is constantly required to stand and walk. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.