About the Role
This is a Teller position located at our Laurel branch. Experienced Tellers and New Account Representatives are encouraged to apply. Position that requires extensive customer service skills, positive attitude and expressed enthusiasm. Process all customer deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, sell bank checks and follow established procedures. Requires knowledge of bank products and services. Properly balance cash drawer. Promptly report any discrepancy to supervisor. Must have ability to work in a team atmosphere and actively promote Western Security Bank by cross-selling products and services. Refer prospects to the new account area for further explanation of the services recommended and/or to open the accounts. Demonstrates a high degree of accountability through utilization of skills, knowledge and actions that protect the assets of Western Security Bank and its customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for fulfilling the WSB Mission Statement: “I Will Exceed the Expected.”
- Responsible for modeling the behaviors that make a customer feel valued when using WSB services including smiling, introducing yourself, greeting the customer by name and asking how you can serve them.
- Make all customers feel welcome and at ease by treating them in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Research account information for customers and demonstrate that you are interested in their business.
- Discover the customer’s issues, needs and objectives by making observations, listening and asking questions.
- Actively use the Seven Service Principles for all service encounters
- Exhibits ability to call the customer by name and engage the customer in conversation. Actively establishes rapport and shows concern.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of customer relations in the success of the organization. Models appropriate behavior that supports the importance of customers through mastery of technical skills and a dedication to high performance.
- Refers the customer to the appropriate department for further assistance. Responsible for thanking the customer for their business and inviting them back.
B. HIGH PERFORMANCE CHECKING
- Actively uses customer focus service skills to determine customer needs and suggest products to meet those needs.
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of WSB products and services and their benefits. Must have the ability to articulate the advantages to the customer.
- Responsible for listening to the customer, recommending and deciding what products and services will meet their needs.
- Exhibits sales ability including effectively handling objections, cross selling products, and promoting the Tell-A-Friend program.
- Ability to handle initial requests for services, competently and courteously.
- Responsible for completing the HPC Sales Presentation Certification.
C. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Exhibit proficiency and accuracy in cash handling skills including counting, posting, balancing, buying and selling responsibilities.
- Demonstrates additional knowledge of the computer, coin counter, currency counter, proper use of bait money and alarm procedures.
- Responsible for being proficient and/or knowledgeable in check handling tasks including endorsements, thumb print program, Reg. CC. (exception holds), and Canadian checks. Demonstrates additional knowledge of OFAC and the check cashing policy.
- Apply due diligence for detecting fraud.
- Demonstrates proficiency in various computer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments, customer inquires and histories, alerts, telephone transfers, stop payments, and saving bonds.
- Exhibit knowledge of available resources including various forms and manuals associated with the position.
- Exhibit proficiency on equipment and job required software.
- Responsible for additional duties including Visa, MasterCard and Discover cash advances, cashing U.S. Savings Bonds, and assisting with safe deposit boxes.
- Must be able to accurately quote deposit product rates and exhibit familiarity with rate information screens and fee schedules.
- Is expanding knowledge to include the new accounts manual, products and services brochures, HPC program, product manual, etc.
- Participates in departmental cross training.
- Is familiar with HPC goals and actively models behavior that supports the goals.
- If assigned vault responsibilities, employee must have documented proficiency in each item of the Vault Check Off list.
- Answers incoming calls, directs calls, and takes messages.
- Distribute mail, file and stock lobby.
- Actively participates in WSB continuing education
- Know and be able to use “Robbery Procedures”.
- Encode forms and process branch capture.
- Completes all assigned BVS Courses.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Only minimum duties are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by Management
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Experience with cash handling and/or customer services preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to use listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions/polices
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Skilled in meeting and greeting the public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate and enforce policies pertaining to vault procedures.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: <add from checklist>
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to: <insert additional physical activities detail.>
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: <insert physical requirements detail.>
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.