About the Role
Manage the customer relationship throughout the default process. Serve as the single point of contact primarily assigned to borrowers throughout the loss mitigation, foreclosure, and bankruptcy processes. Carry out all default functions with the customer, including Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Loan Servicing, and any other mortgage operations’ duties as necessary. Resolve the borrower’s situation, which will include a loan modification, foreclosure, bankruptcy, or payment plan, and act as the communication liaison with the borrower for the possible solutions and final outcome. Additionally, must maintain working knowledge of Investor and Regulatory guidelines and interact as a liaison with investors and the division banks on specific loan situations. Assist with a well-rounded selection of inquiries including default, escrow, tax, insurance and payment processing functions in accordance with FHA, VA, USDA and investor guidelines.
This is a Corporate position located in Coeur d'Alene, ID. To learn more about our bank divisions, please visit: https://www.gbcijobs.com/pages/about-us
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LOSS MITIGATION - Interact with different departments, check status of extended repayment plans, loan modifications, short sale, and Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. Evaluate and determine the borrower’s ability to pay, and collects appropriate financial information. Request property chases and/or inspections as needed. Discuss appropriate foreclosure alternatives with customers and provide information on the application process, required paperwork, timeframe for review, and potential outcomes. Negotiate reasonable payment arrangements and or extended repayment plans with delinquent borrowers, in accordance with department policies and procedures and in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Handle inbound and outbound calls to delinquent borrowers to discuss account status and borrower’s reason for delinquency. Explain detailed mortgage loan information to borrowers. Perform basic skip-tracing on loans where no contact information is available.
- ASSIST IN LITIGATION - Minimize cost and time loss on active foreclosure case load through attorney management to ensure that the foreclosure process is consistently progressing. Review and approve recommendations for key decisions and milestones (i.e. values, charge off, bidding instructions, contract prices, etc.). Provide support to local and outside counsel and internal and external customer’s matters, attorney inquiries, and consult with counsel on escalated borrower issues.
- COMPLIANCE - Ensure that Loss Mitigation SPOC and Underwriting, Property Preservation, and Default Reporting are operating in full compliance with investor, agency/insurer, FHA, VA and private mortgage insurance provider guidelines and results in no monetary losses from non-compliance. Ensure that processes and procedures support the minimization of credit loss & out-of-pocket expenses. Assist with the development, enhancement and implementation of departmental policies & procedures. Identify and implement best practices for the Bank.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control, in addition to all company policies.
- Minimum 3 years of Collections/Loss Mitigation, Loan Servicing Customer Service, or mortgage operations experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Possess knowledge of mortgage servicing, GSE guidelines and federal regulations as it pertains to mortgage servicing.
- Possess proficiency with MS Word and Excel, as well as, pertinent mainframe systems and software packages; possess basic typing/ computer keyboard skills required Demonstrated proficiency with the Jack Henry system, Synergy and Encompass preferred.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to exercise independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems.
- Able to organize, initiate follow-ups and prioritize multiple work assignments in a high-volume work environment.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment, and be able to adapt to the changing requirements and priorities of the business.
- Possess analytical and assessment skills, demonstrated problem solving ability and strong mathematical aptitude.
- Able to work well independently, as well as part of a team to achieve department/ group goals.
- Able to employ a professional demeanor such as tact/diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Display excellence in consulting and advising customers via telephone and written communication.
- A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Able to work varied/alternate shifts and extra hours as determined by management and required by the business.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $13 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.