About the Role
Provides administrative support to the Mortgage Division while assisting customers in a courteous, professional, and confidential manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for input of Real Estate applications into mortgage software with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assists MLO by Printing out application and disclosure packages and mails them to Borrowers or gets them ready for signing in person.
- Responsible for a variety of tasks regarding loan application including pulling credit, runs LP and DU, sending VOE’s/VOD’s when needed, loan input on mortgage software, etc.
- Responsible for ordering titles and appraisals as well as follow up with title companies for timely receipts. Reviews information as it is received.
- Responsible for making sure milestones are met in mortgage software to push the file to the processor. Review that all boxes are checked correctly.
- Schedules times and dates for closings. Corresponds with borrower on scheduled times and dates. Corresponds with MLO, realtors, and title company for closing.
- Works with the processing team to get any or all conditions cleared for closing, Preliminary and Underwriting.
- Mails out folders with applications or emails application packages to new prospects.
- Assists Originator by keeping them informed in a timely manner and assisting in duties as assigned. Goes to borrowers closing if the originator is not available.
- Responsible for any loan disclosure or regulatory items reviewed by another qualified employee before proceeding.
- Processes the file by working through the checklist to make sure all items are in the file.
- Prepares and sends various correspondences including Pre-Approval letters, thank you cards to customers and realtors, etc. AS needed by MLO
- Prepares the Closing Document Request accurately for MLO to review on all files.
- Calls borrowers to ask for additional information
- Assists with all files for MLO through closing. Assists Underwriter with questions and conditions on each file. Assists Realtors with questions and concerns on files. New file responsibilities include reading the Automated Underwriting Certificate for LP/DU/GUS for required documentation and accuracy of information. Marking condition fulfilled for preliminary and underwriting conditions.
- Responsible for Denied and Withdrawn. Works on follow-up documentation and signatures after closing. Helps prepare and emails cost sheets to borrowers that are wanting information on payment/closing costs.
- Prepare a pricing quote through Optimal Blue for borrowers to price loans. Verify underwriting system (LP, DU, GUS,) ratios match mortgage software.
- Analyzes income from paystubs, W-2’s utilizing the income worksheet. Looks for stability, declining income and alerts Loan Originator to discrepancies or concerns.
- Completes Tax Analysis form (SAM) for self-employed borrowers using their tax returns for the income input to mortgage software. If there are discrepancies or concerns, alerts Loan Originator.
- Responsible for loan program knowledge and such as knowing the difference between FHA, Conventional, VA, RD.
- Know how to access All Regs for regulatory and secondary market requirements. Learn to navigate this application.
- Performs initial and on-going customer contact duties that promote timely, knowledgeable and friendly interaction with the customer including greeting the customer, setting up appointments, answering the phone, taking accurate messages, returning calls, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Acts as the customer contact for customers requesting information on existing Real Estate loans, loans in process or those customers wanting product information.
- Is knowledgeable on all aspects of the Real Estate loan process. Can communicate requests and product information in a manner that is understood by the customer.
- Responsible for modeling the behaviors that make a customer feel valued when using HBN services in person or over the phone.
- Make all customers feel welcome and at ease by treating them in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Research account/loan information for customers and demonstrate that you are interested in their business.
- Discover the customer’s problems, needs and objectives by making observations, listening and asking questions.
- Actively participate in HBN continuing education
- Acts as a team member within the Branch and the Real Estate group by assisting with coverage in key areas and actively cross-training in order to assist in times of staffing shortages.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Complete all assigned HBN Courses.
- Two to five years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
- A high school degree or GED is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Ability to foster and maintain a working relationship with the title company representatives, new and existing customers and realtors.
- Ability to read and understand simple Notes.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand all loan codes.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.